Millions of us, suffer, on, either, a regular, or irregular basis, from what we refer to, as night leg cramps. Since, there might be many reasons, this occurs, before attempting any self – help, alternative approach, and/ or, remedy, it’s important to visit your health practitioner, and have it evaluated, in order to rule – out, any significant, health – threatening cause/ condition. Once you have done this, and serious illnesses/ conditions, have been ruled – out, you might want to consider, some alternative approaches, which might ease your discomfort, minimize and/ or eliminate these symptoms and sensations. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 natural approaches.
1. Nutrition: Have you been tested, for any specific allergies? Are certain foods, responsible for these events? Are you, potentially, lacking certain food groups, and/ or necessary nutrition? Start by eating a magnesium – rich diet, including sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds. Focus on being well – hydrated (drinking lots of water, throughout the day). Limit consumption of refined, packaged, processed foods, while eating more green, leafy, magnesium – rich foods.
2. Supplements: Many have found, using magnesium supplements, have been particularly helpful. Others feel strongly, taking Calcium, also reduces these types of cramps. In certain instances, some have discovered, a healing benefit, provided, by taking a Vitamin B – complex, 3 times per day, to be beneficial. When additional supplementation is desired, 2000 micrograms of Vitamin B – 12, taken sublingually (under the tongue), may help.
3. Stretching exercises, etc: My late mother, often suffered from this condition. She claimed the thing, which worked best for her, when she felt cramped, was to stand on a cold, tile floor. When I have experienced these, I’ve come to believe, she was right about this home, self – help, remedy. There are also, a variety of stretching exercises, which may relieve, and prevent this from happening, as often.
4. Topical applications: Taking an Epson salt, bath, before going to bed, or, at least soaking your feet, in Epson salt solutions, might help, quite a bit. Any topical application, which reduces inflammation, as well as the benefits, of massage, might make sense. Today, there are a number of people, who claim, to have found numerous benefits, from using creams and salves, containing CBD, or rubbing/ massaging with CBD oils.
5. Homeopathic remedies: There are several homeopathic remedies, and/ or, combinations, which have been used, to address these discomforts, and ailments.
Rather than suffering, or losing sleep, because of this, it might make sense, to use one of, all a combination of a few of the concepts, listed above. Which might help you the most, will differ, from one person, to another!
Dealing with leg cramps is never fun. While there are some good tips in this article you can find out more about what CBD can do for leg cramps at https://cbdcargo.ca/