Planning a child’s birthday party can be frustrating for parents as they wade through the variety of options available and the costs associated with birthday parties. There are numerous places that cater to parents and will plan and manage your child’s party. The problem is the high prices associated with these types of businesses can be too much.
One alternative is to have the party at home and rent an inflatable moon bounce, slide or other type of party inflatable. This is often significantly less expensive than having the party somewhere else. In the rest of this article, we will discuss some items you should consider before renting an inflatable moon bounce for your child’s backyard birthday party.
Types of Moon Bounce Houses
- Bounce Houses – This is the traditional bouncer that most people are familiar with. It will have four padded walls and may or may not be covered. Depending on the company you rent from, you may be able to find them with themes such as superheroes, monster trucks, cartoon characters and more.
- Inflatable Slides – Slides are tons of fun for kids of any age. These units are normally very tall and have one side with a ladder and the other with a long soft slide. They are typically a bit more expensive to rent than other models.
- Water Slides – These are similar to the inflatable slide, but have water running down them and often have a built-in pool area. During the summertime, you can’t go wrong with these types of units. They also tend to be more costly than other units because of their size.
- Obstacle Courses – These units are very popular with older kids. They enter on one end and go through a mini-maze of obstacles.
- Combo Units – The best of both is to get a combo unit. There are 2-in-1 combos that combine a slide and bounce house and there are more advanced combos that combine slides, obstacle courses and bouncers.
Rental pricing for party inflatables can vary greatly depending on where you live. The best practice is to call a minimum of three companies and compare prices. Do not be afraid to negotiate. You may be able to get a company to offer a significant discount if you just ask. This is especially true if you have a party during the week as weekends are normally more busy. Pricing is normally quoted for a three to four hour rental period. You may also be able to negotiate a longer rental period.
- Ask if the company will deliver, setup and pickup the inflatable. These units can be quite heavy and large so you do not want to have to handle it yourself. A professional company will do it all for you.
- To save money, consider having your party during the week to avoid high weekend costs. You may be able to save 40-50 percent of the price by renting mid-week when companies need business.
- Off season rentals can also be significantly cheaper. During wintertime months, many companies are hungry for business and may give you a great deal.
- Make sure the company you work with is properly insured in case an injury should occur.
- Ask the company how often the units are cleaned and how old their inflatables are.
Follow these tips and you can have a great backyard birthday party with an inflatable rental.